The Scott Property Project has been scheduled for a Public Hearing and consideration by Rocky View County Council on December 22, 2020 in the afternoon session. Please find the notice of public hearing here for more details. Scott Property is listed as Item E.
Public Hearings and COVID-19
Public hearings are open to the public, currently both virtually and in-person, and those interested can participate as a presenter or a spectator. Given the constraints on public gatherings caused by COVID-19, Rocky View County has provided recommendations and instructions on how to participate. Please find further information here. Rocky View County has advised that protocols may change prior to the public hearing date depending on public health measures. You are encouraged to monitor the County website for potential changes.
Please continue to get in touch with the project team should you have any questions.
The MSDP is now available for public review and RVC is accepting comments. You can find the MSDP through the County website or you can access it in the project resources section below on this webpage (please scroll down). In addition, technical reports that supported the development of the MSDP may also be found below.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Due to public health orders restricting public gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Lehigh Hanson is hosting alternative methods to share information and offer opportunities to provide input. These options are outlined below.
We appreciate your continued interest and feedback on our Scott Property project and invite you to participate starting June 15, 2020.
Online Public Engagement
- Starting on June 15, 2020, a comprehensive information package will be posted on the Get Involved tab. Residents are encouraged to review the information package and provide input through a corresponding survey, also linked to the Get Involved tab. Clear instructions will be posted to the website on the day of the launch.
- The survey will be open from June 15 – July 7, 2020.
Hard Copy Engagement
- For those that do not have access to the internet, or prefer not to use it, hard copy materials can be requested using the contact information below. These materials will include the same content that will be shared online, a copy of the survey, and a return envelope to submit your survey responses.
- Hard copy materials will be sent to your home address and survey responses will be collected by the project team
until July 7, 2020.
- Given potential delays to the Canada Post system caused by COVID-19, surveys that are post-marked by July 7, 2020 will be accepted.
- Thank you to those that have already opted in to receive hard copies. If you still wish to opt in, please submit the form included in our previous mailing, or connect with us through our general contact information provided below.
- If you have questions that require a response before you can complete the survey, please get in touch with the project team. Lehigh Hanson is committed to providing timely responses to your questions.
For any questions or comments, please get in touch or visit the project website. We look forward to hearing from you.
In light of the current public health emergency regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited (Lehigh Hanson) would like to provide an update on the Scott Property Project.
Like all Albertans, Lehigh Hanson and the Scott Property Project team are taking steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and are following direction from Alberta Health Services and the provincial and federal governments to do so. While members of the team have transitioned to remote working environments, we continue to be responsive to questions and comments from the public and appreciate the community’s ongoing interest in the project.
Lehigh has evaluated how the current situation could impact the Scott Property Project schedule and has been in correspondence with Rocky View County to determine an appropriate path forward. Based on confirmation that the County is still reviewing applications remotely, Lehigh will continue to progress the Scott Property application.
Due to restrictions caused by COVID-19, our next public engagement initiative will be hosted online, with an option to participate by mail (if requested).
Our digital public engagement approach includes the following:
- The community will be notified directly by mail, email updates for those who have subscribed, and through other traditional promotions such as newspaper advertisements, prior to the launch of new project content and engagement materials.
- The existing project website (www.scottpropertyproject.com) will be used as a primary tool to access project information on the ‘Get Involved’ tab. Community members will be able to access this information and provide feedback through an interactive survey.
- Community members will be able to submit questions regarding the new content to project team members for any clarifications that may be required.
- This engagement “phase” will be live for a minimum of two weeks to provide the community flexibility in reviewing and providing feedback.
- If you do not have access to the internet or prefer to participate through hard copy materials, please notify us by filling out the enclosed request form. If we do not receive a request form from you, we assume you are able to participate online.
Further details regarding timing will be shared in the coming weeks. The project team is committed to working with the Bearspaw community to keep residents informed of project updates and to respond to your requests. We acknowledge that there may be questions and concerns during this challenging time, and we invite you to get in touch should you wish to discuss this further. To stay informed of the project, please register for email updates through the project website.
Thank you, stay well.
On February 8, 2020, Lehigh Hanson held two public open house sessions. Thank you to the community for taking the time to participate. The purpose of the events was to:
- Share preliminary information about the proposed Scott Property project
- Listen to and collect public feedback and respond to questions, comments, and ideas related to the project
For a week following the open house sessions, a survey was posted online to collect further input from those unable to attend.
About 80 people attended the public open house sessions, 19 people completed the online survey and 14 feedback forms were submitted. All feedback received has been transcribed, analyzed and summarized into a What We Heard report. Please click here to view the What We Heard report. For any questions, please contact the project team by email (email@example.com) or telephone (1-800-828-9792). Thank you!
Thank you to all of our guests that joined us at our February 8 open house at the Rockpointe Church in Bearspaw. We appreciate the time taken to learn about the project and provide input.
For those that missed the open house and still wish to provide feedback, please click here to complete an online survey. This survey reflects the same information shared and questions asked at the February 8 open house. The survey closes at 5pm on Monday, February 17, 2020 and results will be compiled with input collected at the open house and included in a What We Heard report. The report will be shared publicly and posted to the website once complete.
The display boards from the open house or posted to this webpage – please scroll down to view them.
If you have any questions or comments, please continue to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-828-9792.
Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited is hosting two public open house sessions on Saturday, February 8, 2020, at the Bearspaw Rockpointe Church.
Lehigh plans to share information regarding the preliminary mine plan, the conveyor system, environmental studies completed and in progress, potential mitigation measures, and our communications and engagement approach.
Please drop-in to meet the team, learn about the project, speak with our subject matter experts and provide input. Note that the same information will be shared at both sessions. No RSVP is required.
- SESSION 1
DATE: Saturday, February 8, 2020
TIME: 10:00am – noon
LOCATION: Rockpointe Church (255024 Lochend Rd)
- SESSION 2
DATE: Saturday, February 8, 2020
TIME: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
LOCATION: Rockpointe Church (255024 Lochend Rd)
Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited announced its plans to initiate the planning process for its Scott Property project in December 2019.
Located in the community of Bearspaw (Section 5, Township 26, Range 2, W5M) on the north side of Burma Road, the site is located on a significant gravel deposit and could produce aggregate resources up to 25 years depending on the final development plan.
Notification of the project included:
- Launch of a project website
- An information package was distributed to residents and landowners within 2 km of the project boundary
- An email notification was sent to Rocky View County Council and key administration personnel
The first steps for the project include introductory meetings with key stakeholders and completion of baseline studies to better determine site conditions. A fulsome, inclusive and transparent communications and engagement program will be initiated in coordination with application development starting in early 2020.
Sign-up for Project Updates
Please enter your email and mailing address to receive updates on the Scott Property project.